Email the politicians from our lists below.
Every four years, electors in the Islands Trust Area elect 26 trustees to uphold the mandate to preserve and protect this special part of the world. Two local trustees represent each of the 12 local trust areas, and two municipal trustees represent Bowen Island Municipality.
Each local trustee sits on a local trust committee responsible for land use planning and regulation in its local trust area, and all trustees sit on the Islands Trust Council.
The Islands Trust Conservancy Board consists of two elected trustees from Trust Council, one trustee from Trust Council’s Executive Committee, and up to three members of the public appointed by the Minister of Municipal Affairs. Appointed members serve terms of between one and three years.
For more detail on the Trust, see our page The Islands Trust.
First reading of the draft policy voting results in July 2021. Those in red essentially voted to “ram” it through (without a proper public engagement) while those in green voted to rethink the policy after receiving so many letters from impacted residents and businesses.
Salt Spring Island, Galiano, North & South Pender, Mayne Island, Saturna
- MLA Saanich North & the Islands - Adam Olsen - adam.olsen.MLA@leg.bc.ca
Gabriola, Valdes, Thetis
- MLA Nanaimo – North Cowichan – Doug Routley – douglas.routley.MLA@leg.bc.ca
- MLA Parksville – Qualicum – Adam Walker – adam.walker.MLA@leg.bc.ca
- MLA Mid-Island – Pacific Rim – Josie Osborne – josie.osborne.MLA@leg.bc.ca
- MLA Powell River – Sunshine Coast – Nicholas Simons – nicholas.simons.MLA@bc.leg.ca
- MLA West Vancouver – Sea to Sky – Jordan Sturdy – jordan.sturdy.MLA@leg.bc.ca
Government Ministers to Contact
- John Hogan – john.horgan.MLA@leg.bc.ca
Minister of Municipal Affairs
- Okenge Yuma Morisho – Deputy Minister – MAH.DMO@gov.bc.ca
Minister of Environment & Climate Change Strategy
- Kevin Jardine – Deputy Minister – DM.ENV@gov.bc.ca
Minister of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries,
- Thomas Ethier – Deputy Minister
Minister of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation
- Doug Caul – Deputy Minister – firstname.lastname@example.org
Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development
- Katrine Conroy – Minister – FLNR.Minister@gov.bc.ca
- John Allan – Deputy Minister - email@example.com
Peter Luckham, Chair, Trust Council, firstname.lastname@example.org
Russ Hotsenpiller, Chief Administrative Officer, Islands Trust email@example.com
Dave Howe, Director – Southern Gulf Islands, Capital Regional District firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Holman, Director - Saltspring Island, Capital Regional District email@example.com
Island Trustees Individual & Group List below.
Please email your representatives.
Donald Clarke, Islands Trust Conservancy Board Member
Linda Adams, Islands Trust Conservancy Board Member
Peter Grove, Salt Spring Island Trustee
Laura Patrick, Salt Spring Island Trustee
Peter Luckham, Chair: SSI
Benjamin McConchie, North Pender Trustee
Deb Morrison, North Pender Island Trustee
Cameron Thorn, South Pender Island Trustee
Steve Wright, South Pender Island Trustee
Paul Brent, Saturna Island Trustee
Lee Middleton, Saturna Island Trustee
Jeanine Dodds, Mayne Island Trustee
David Maude, Mayne Island Trustee
Dan Rogers, Chair
Doug Fenton, Thetis Island Trustee
Peter Luckham, Thetis Island Trustee
Tahirih Rockafella, Galiano Island Trustee
Jane Wolverton, Galiano Island Trustee
TO HAVE YOUR CONCERNS AND CRITICAL FEEDBACK INCLUDED IN THE PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT PROCESS, PLEASE SEND YOUR LETTERS TO BOTH GROUP EMAILS BELOW:
firstname.lastname@example.org (group list)
email@example.com (Public Engagement Consultant)
For an individual email group list, please scroll down.
For updates, please sign up below, then hit “subscribe”.
Your contact information will be kept confidential.